Do You Have What It Takes To Work At Home?
Here are the essential questions you need to ask yourself:
- Do I Have What It Takes To Work At Home?
- Discipline: Can I set Goals? And stick to them?
- Am I well-organized? Can I organize my week to make all my tasks easier and less stressful?
- Am I self- motivated? Can I work without supervision?
- Can I focus? Am I going to get interrupted easily be my surroundings?
- Can I manage my time?
- Can I completely and effectively complete all tasks that need to be done in a window of time?
- Can I set deadlines and stick with them? Or is “I can do that tomorrow” the attitude you have?
- Can I easily interact with people? (both in person and remotely)
Working at home can be fun and exciting as long as you treat it like a real business and you are the boss as well as an employee. You need to start your workday at a chosen hour and end your workday at the right time. Keep these hours every day. Don’t let too many “home life” and “work-life” interfere with each other.
Plan your week. Day-by-day you will have to perform routine tasks. Other weekly tasks will have to be set into your schedule also. Pick a day for these tasks and stick to them.
By staying well organized and focussed, your tasks will be easier to accomplish. Stick to your routine. Allow extra time during your schedule for the unexpected. (Like a half hour conference turning into an hour conference.)
If you have deadlines, make sure you meet them. That will bring you closer to your goals! Overall, if you think you have the right trade and attitude to Work At Home successfully, then let’s get started today.